Plagiarism

Friday, June 01, 2007



The most sincere form of flattery, I guess, if a very legally dubious one, as well as being pathetic.

David Renshaw, published 25th of May.

Me, published 16th of May.

Just reference me or something! That would be cool! This is theft, pure and simple. Angry email sent to editor. AT 7AM GOOD GRIEF.

EDIT: A contrite email has been received from the editor at Gigwise, assuring me that the offending piece will be taken down. Suffice to say that the paragraph he stole was my penultimate; a rather imagist and lucid piece of prose, if I say so myself, which stuck out like a sore thumb from the rest of the piece.

I actually find this rather funny.

ANOTHER EDIT: The gigwise editor has also emailed me to compliment my Kaiser Chiefs review (linked on the right). What a strange morning.

AND ANOTHER EDIT: The piece is down and I've had a tail-between-legs apology from the culprit, who's probably a nice guy. This while thing is faintly surreal.

NJS

Friday, June 01, 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger bewildergirl - 11:40 pm

made me laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent Articles / Reviews

Previously

Archives

Nothing Here Is True
Unless You Want It To Be

Nick Southall was born in southwest England at the tail end of the 70s, and is the youngest of three brothers. He has a degree in popular culture and philosophy and has written about music for Stylus Magazine, The Guardian and Drowned In Sound, amongst others. He likes red wine, expensive headphones, spicy food, and the Hungarian national football team of the 1950s. His favourite record is the last one he listened to. You can contact him by email via sickmouthy @ gmail dot com should you so wish.

All material copyright Nick Southall 2006/2007/2008

Powered by Blogger